BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

slow dance.

john legend has been doing me well this morning. i'm in love with the amy winehouse pandora station. yes, i broke down and paid the $.99 to listen for the rest of the month. figured i needed an appropriate soundtrack for my days...and $.99 is a small price to pay for good company.

it was a whirlwind weekend, for not actually doing much. i thought a lot, which was awful. also spent some much needed time with the important people in my life. friday roomie date to see new moon. complete with ridiculous shirts for all...including dg. made my night sitting in the freezing cold of 3rd st, drinking a gloriously large vanilla latte and chatting. had a sisterwife date on saturday. I don't think i had ever been happier to see her. talking about life and putting everything into perspective was what i needed. plus it was nice to grab lunch and see the blind side. :] had some bffneighbor time, which is always good. spent saturday night with the family, making super heros with my sister. and sunday led to a spur of the moment (sort of) trip to Burbank for birthday drinks with ms. i was only there for an hour or so. but it was a good hour. i'm trying to make our visits not so far in few between.

I'm trying to surround myself with good people. trying to make big changes in my life and how i live it. trying to be level headed. to look at things objectively and face the truth, even when it sucks. it's weird, i feel like the universe has been speaking to me a lot lately...quotes, horoscopes, words from friends, chats with mom, just everywhere...

a few things i've picked up...

to tell those important to you how important they are. and not for any specific reson, or on an important day...just everyday, every time you get the feeling. because those special people need to know how much their lights really do sparkle in the world.

The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what we want most for what we want in the moment.

Later, when I'd think of how I ought to cut him off, I'd think of teaching another person to know me like he did, and it seemed-- with a hypothetical person, especially-- like it would be a lot of work. -Curtis Sittenfeld, The Man of My Dreams (this one is hard to stomach, and so true. but maybe it's the universe telling me i've got a lot of work in front of me)

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." -Chuck Palahniuk, Diary


the last one reminds me most of my last blog...that it is hard to remember the good. the bad just seems so much stronger. but i'm trying to learn from the peace and the sweetness. to keep it close to heart to get me through the rough stuff...

people aren't always what you want or need them to be. they are human. they are prone to errors. this is one of those serenity prayer moments in my life..."accept the things you cannot change." i'm learning to be the wiser for it.

we shall see what the wind blows my way in the coming days.

lovelovelove,
s

0 comments: